Reviewing Returned Feedback
Depending on whether or not you are integrated with a Learning Management System (LMS), locating returned feedback for review will vary. Regardless of an LMS integration, all feedback is maintained within Waypoint.
The assignment grade, feedback, and a copy of the marked up document will appear in Blackboard's Grade Center for the student to access.
You can view the returned feedback (you may want to do this the first couple of times you send feedback) to understand how your students will see your feedback. Here's how:
- In a Blackboard course, visit the Grade Center by clicking Grade Center under Control Panel.
- Click Full Grade Center from the list of options under Grade Center.
You should see numeric grades in the Assignment columns for each student.
- Click in a cell with a numeric grade returned from Waypoint (so make sure you choose a Waypoint Assignment column)
- Click the ‘down’ arrow in that cell to see more options.
- Click View Grade Details.
- You should see the ‘value’ of the grade, and the ‘Feedback to User’ containing the rubric feedback. You can click View Full Comment for a more readable version Click the View markup link to see the actual document, with all of your margin comments, in a new browser tab or window.
What you see in Step 6 above is exactly what a student will see when they visit My Grades in your Blackboard course.
The assignment grade, feedback, and a copy of the marked up document will appear in eCollege's Gradebook for the student to access.
To access the feedback:
- In an eCollege course, click on Gradebook.
- Locate the Assignment you want to review feedback for and click on the score under the Points column
- A new window will pop-up which contains the Assignment's grade and feedback. A link labeled 'View markup for ...' is located at the top. This will open up a PDF copy of the user's marked-up document.
Users at any point can log into Waypoint and access returned feedback. When feedback is returned with the Return All & Email or Return & Email button, the assessed user will receive an email that contains a link. This link will direct the user to Waypoint and if they have a Waypoint account, they can log in and view their feedback. If they do not have a Waypoint account, they will have to create one. This is a one-time step and in the future the user will be able to use the credentials they created.
Once in Waypoint, the user should click on Engage. Under the Dropbox page is a list of all the user's courses and the Assignments they contain. If feedback has been returned, a Feedback row will appear under the Assignment name. Clicking the View Feedback link will open the feedback.
Related Frequently Asked Question:
Related Known Issues:
Related Walkthrough Guides: