Creating a Waypoint Assignment in Blackboard Learn
Once you have created a rubric in Waypoint and are ready to assess student work, you must first create a Waypoint Assignment in Blackboard so students may submit their work.
- Log into Blackboad.
- Locate and enter your Blackboard course.
- Click on Content (the default Blackboard page for Assignments).
- Under the Create Assessment drop-down click on Waypoint Assignment.
- Enter the assignment's basic information which includes a name, instructional text, and a grade.
- Associate this assignment to a Waypoint Rubric by clicking on the Manage Rubrics button.
- Locate the rubric you created to be associated with this assignment and click on the arrow button under the Select column to add the rubric to the assignment.
If you don't see any folders or rubrics, it is because you either:
- Haven't created any rubrics for your own use.
- Haven't had any rubrics shared with you.
- Click the Use Selected button to close the Manage Rubrics window.
- Click on Submit when you have finished creating your assignment.
You have now created a dropbox for student's to submit their work to be assessed with Waypoint.
|Renaming the Assignment in Blackboard automatically updates the Assignment name in Waypoint.