Submitting Student Work - Waypoint Dropbox
In Waypoint 2, users have the ability to submit assignments and comments through the Waypoint Dropbox. Each Assignment in Waypoint 2 is linked to a Dropbox. Once a user uploads their assignment, the assessor can easily open up the work and assess it using their Waypoint rubric.
To upload work to Waypoint's Dropbox, the user must:
- Log into Waypoint.
- Click on the Engage tab.
- Select Dropbox from the menu.
- Locate the course containing the Assignment Dropbox. Each course the user is enrolled in is listed on the left. Simply click the course's name to populate its assignments.
- Choose an Assignment from the Assignment drop-down menu.
- Click on the Browse... button and locate the file.
- Add a comment to be delivered to the assessor with the Assignment (optional)
- Click on the Upload button.
Upon success a confirmation will display above the Assignment drop-down. Also, the uploaded file's name will appear under the appropriate assignment block. The type will be labeled as Submission and a time stamp will also be included indicating the upload time. The uploaded file can be opened or saved by clicking on its name.
Eventually returned work will appear on the Dropbox page. The work will be labeled as Feedback and instead of a link to the actual file, a link to view the feedback will be available.
Supported upload formats include:
- Word Document (.doc)
- Power Point (.ppt)
- Power Point 2007 (.pptx)
- Excel Spreadsheet (.xls)
- Excel Spreadsheet 2007 (.xlsx)
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Text File (.txt)
Related Frequently Asked Question: