Data Security Statement
Data Center; Data Storage & Backup
- Externally Hosted SAS70 Compliant Datacenter located in San Diego.
- Disaster Recovery site in Phoenix, AZ.
- Application database backups are performed on a daily basis.
- Backup tapes are stored at an offsite location.
- Periodic data restorations are performed to non-production environments to validate recoverability.
- Waypoint has implemented a logically separated multi-tenancy model to address data segregation.
- Web based access to Waypoint is protected through SSL protocol.
- Waypoint's operation team provides 24/7 monitoring.
- An Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention system has also been implemented.
- Security and Application penetration testing is performed on an annual basis.
- Waypoint utilizes client specific role based application security.
- Unique User IDs and Passwords are required.
- Passwords are salted then hashed using the SHA1, 160-bit encryption.
- Waypoint administrative access is reviewed on a quarterly basis.
Blackboard Building Block
- Validated through Bb Learn 9.1 SP8 using Building Block APIs.
- Store user's name, email & username.
- Store grade(s), rubric scores, document, assignment name, course name, course ID.