Index of Comment Library tags

Comments

5 comments

Client Services

Hi Alaina, have you tried the "browse by tags" feature on the grading screen? It's located under the Comment Library tab. It may address your concern by allowing users to see all of the tags, and associated comments,and they can click the "show: my comments only" to filter the tags to show only the ones they've entered.

Best,

Michael

Comment actions Permalink
    Alaina Pascarella

Hi Michael,

We have tried that.  The issue is that the tags are different for users coming from the older version of the comment library.  They are finding it cumbersome to scroll through all of the library tags to find the comment that they need.  We were hoping that there was a cheat sheet somewhere that could be used to help in the browsing.

Client Services

Ok that's good feedback. We would ideally like to make these features work for you rather than to create a cheat sheet. A cheat sheet, to me, means that we've not quite solved the problem with our UI/Feature set.

The dynamic search capability was designed to allow instructors to start typing their feedback, or keywords, and have a list of matching comments appear.

What could be done to make that a better solution for your needs?

Is the list of results not matching the intended search?

Alaina Pascarella

Honestly, we are trying to figure out what is causing the issue for TAs.  Some of it I think has to do with the way comments are tagged.  I think a new user coming into the program does not have the same difficulty using the library as someone who was used to the older version of the Ashford comment library with specific menus.  I personally use the tagging in the comment window rather than Browse the library and have no issues with finding what I need to find, but I have a feeling that this is not the case for every Ashford TA. 

Client Services

A hint for your veteran users, the old menu titles are now tags in the library. If they start typing something they remember in the menu name, the comments should appear.

Please sign in to leave a comment.